We offer a range of activities alongside the regular lessons.
Our Singing for Pleasure choir meets in Blandford on Monday evenings; String Orchestra and Cello Club meet in Dorchester on Thursday evenings and there is also a Cello Club in Blandford on Friday evenings.
Music Appreciation courses take place every term in three centres:
- Bridport | St Swithun’s Church | Wednesday | 10:00 – 11:30
- Dorchester | The United Church | Wednesday | 14:00 – 15:30
- Blandford | DRMS | Thursday | 14:15 – 15:45
See the What’s On page for details of this term’s course.
Singing for Pleasure
Our Singing for Pleasure choir is directed by Richard Hall.
- Dorset Rural Music School, Blandford
- Mondays 18:00 – 19:30
No audition is necessary and you don’t need to be able to read music – just turn up and enjoy exploring a wide variety of music.
The String Groups are directed by Michael Moorsom, and meet in:
- Durnovaria Band Hall (the old Methodist Church), King’s Road, Fordington, Dorchester
- String Orchestra | 2nd and 4th Thursdays | 18:00 – 19:30
- Cello Club | 1st and 3rd Thursdays | 18:00 – 19:30
- Cello Club | DRMS, Blandford | alternate Fridays | 19:30 – 21:00
Day Courses are held regularly for specific groups: string players, choral singers, chamber music players, guitarists etc.
See the What’s On page for forthcoming events.
There are regular Informal Concerts where students are encouraged to perform to one another and to parents and friends.
Professional Concerts are also presented, often featuring DRMS staff or former DRMS students who are now performers in their own right.
Click on the What’s On link or contact the Office for further details of any of these activities.